The Real Reporter is a subscription-based online real estate news website published by Michael Walsh. I started working on The Real Reporter with Michael in 2011. Since then it has grown to have over 2,000 registered subscribers.
- Worked with the publisher to design and develop the app and to establish the brand from the ground up.
- Integrates with PayPal API for subscription renewals and other transactions.
- Built custom Expression Engine CMS module for managing subscription, payment transactions, and generating mailing lists.
- Migrated the site from a basic shared server to AWS as the traffic and content demanded more power, flexibility, and scalability to take advantage of things like:
- Content distribution server
- Relational database server (MySQL)
- On-demand scaling of the web server
- Created a custom advertising solution for hosting ads on the site and a control panel so admins can upload, configure, and schedule ads to run. Ad statistics are tracked by Google Analytics.